You Suck

Monday, March 21, 2011

Product Review: Kegworks SS Straw


The SS is for Stainless Steel. Or Social Security. Or Seeping Semen. I'm checking out different mediums of straw so I ordered this metal straw here. Kegworks is apparently some sort of bar/bar paraphernalia company. A breakdown of the metal composition of this tube: 18% chromium, 10% nickel, 72% iron. Chromium. I drank chocolate milk out of a glass cup for this review. I'd like to try this straw on some other fluids, like maybe antifreeze, but here's some initial reactions. To begin with, I like to bite my straws, this was easy to bite, but I like a little more flex than the chromium infused stainless steel provides. And this is just a hypothesis, but I think optimum straw comfort occurs when the straw is as thin as possible so there is little barrier between your lips and the liquid. This straw is obviously a little thicker than a plastic straw, and the machine finished edge makes it a little rough at the rim. This straw has a good length to it. Another pro/con, metal conducts. This straw is metal. This straw conducts. That's right, for a limited time only you can be electrocuted while sucking, as well as a victim of cold fingers. What really sells it for me though, Kegworks touts this as "indestructible". Chromium. Oooooooooohhhhh dishwasher safe, brag about it yuppie mcyupperton.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive